MEASURE FOR MEASURE
June 24 and 25, Saturday & Sunday
June 28 - July 23, Wednesday through Sunday
All performances begin at 7:00 pm
Regime change is coming to a decadent Vienna:
the Duke’s gone AWOL, and in his place sits a joyless man determined to take back the city. His first order of business? Executing a man whose only crime is love. When the pious Isabella comes to plead for her brother’s life, she soon finds that unyielding morality isn’t all it’s cracked up to be and that human appetite is not so easily controlled. This dark comedy is one of Shakespeare’s most modern plays, full of eccentric characters and wild surprises.
THE TWO GENTLEMEN OF VERONA
July 29 - July 30, Saturday & Sunday
August 2 - September 3, Wednesday through Sunday
All performances begin at 7:00 pm
A pair of idealistic best friends set out on a road trip. They are followed by two young women, determined to write their own destiny. Little do they all suspect they will have to overcome betrayal, broken hearts, and a band of outlaws before the journey’s end. One of Shakespeare’s brightest plays, this coming-of-age comedy features live rockabilly music, swing dancing, and a dog named Crab.
Ample free parking is available. Look for the hot pink signs directing you to the parking lots near the Merry-Go-Round. Parking lot 2 is the closest to the performance site, but be prepared for a bit of a walk up a hill.
Please note: as with anywhere in the city, don't park against curbs painted red and look out for "no parking" signs! Fire lanes are important for the safety of Griffith Park and they will be enforced!
For disabled access, please call us at 818-710-6306 for information and to make any needed arrangements.
Plan your evening
- We welcome children at our performances! However, these are not Shakespeare performances edited or changed for children. Shakespeare wrote about the human experience, and his plays include examples of sexuality and violence, and deal with adult themes. Email us and we'll be happy to answer any specific questions you may have about particular performances. And please, keep your children with you at all times.
- There is an uphill walk from the parking areas to our performance site. If you have mobility challenges, please call us at 818-710-6306 to make arrangements.
- Don't forget your picnic! (Note: alcohol is prohibited in Los Angeles City parks.)
- Dress in layers as it gets chilly in the evening.
- We have a concessions tent with hot and cold beverages, sweets treats from The Village Bakery & Café (a local Atwater Village small business), kettle corn, light snacks and Habey’s Shakes (“The Bard of Shortbread” cookies baked in NYC especially for Independent Shakespeare Co.) Cash and credit cards accepted.
- We encourage your consideration of those around you! Low seat beach chairs (legs lower than 3") are welcome behind our chair line. The lower area closest to the stage is reserved for those with picnic blankets.
- As a courtesy to those around you, we ask you to leave your four legged friends at home.
- You may find that bug spray and sunscreen are also helpful to bring with you.
- For disabled access, please call us at 818-710-6306 for information and to make arrangements.
Thank You Seats
Make a donation of $150 and as a thank you, you will receive up to 4 reserved seats at one performance of your choice!* You can roll up at 6:55pm and know that your seats are waiting for you! Email Sarah to make your donation and to choose your date!
*Seating is limited, let us know your preferred date as soon as you can!